On December 17 – 18, 2015, the UNESCO IITE took part in the Second International Conference "Continuous Professional Education for Persons with Disabilities" that took place in Minsk, the Republic of Belarus. The Conference was arranged by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, the National Сommission for UNESCO of the Republic of Belarus, the UNESCO Institute of Information Technologies In Education, the Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics (BSUIR), UNESCO Chair in BSUIR "Professional Education in the Sphere of ICT for Persons with Special Needs".
More than 60 experts from Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine took part in the Conference. Relevant issues of implementation of continuous professional education within inclusive education environment were in focus of the conference. Among them, the following topics were discussed at plenary session, round tables and sections:
- Modern strategies of professional education of persons with disabilities
- Information and communication technologies in continuous professional education for persons with disabilities
- Educational and methodological provision of continuous professional education of persons with disabilities
- Relevant issues of training and retraining of specialists for the system of inclusive education
- Social, psychological and professional rehabilitation of persons with disabilities in the system of inclusive education.
Mr. Ivan Yevmeniyev, Deputy Director of the UNESCO IITE took part in plenary session of Conference with the report "Information Technologies of Inclusive Society: Experience of the UNESCO IITE".