The International Conference ICT in Education: Digital Pedagogy, Learning Technology, Teachers and OER was held in Ulaanbaatar on 6-7 May 2014. The conference was organized by the Mongolian University of Science and Technology, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education, Mongolian University of Education and Teacher Training Institute under the auspices of the Mongolian Ministry of Education and Science.
More than 350 educators from secondary schools and higher education institutions, education administrators and NGO took part in this Conference. The Conference was opened by Ms. Urgamaltsetseg, the Deputy Minister of Education and Science, Mr. Tsagaan, Chief of the President’s Office, and member of the IITE Governing Board, Prof. B.Ochirbat, the President of MUST, and the Prof. Munkhjargal, the President of the Mongolian University of Education.
The main topics of the conference were digital pedagogy, teacher’s competencies and education management information system. UNESCO IITE experts Prof. P. Kommers (University of Twente), Prof. L.C. Ping (Hong Kong University of Education), Prof. K. Changheon (KERIS), Prof. T. Otani (Nagoya University), Prof. D. Badarch (IITE) contributed to the conference deliberations as keynote speakers. Dr. Enkhbat, ONE Mongolia, Dr. Buyantsogtoo, Chairman of the MUST Governing Board, Mr. Luvsanjamts, Director, the Ministry of Education and Science, were among the speakers of the panel session, which was chaired by Prof. D. Badarch.
The Conference outcome document includes the following recommendations:
- to promote OER, open education and penetration of ICT in education and to include them in the Government policy on education development in 2014-2024;
- to develop a competency model of the teachers in line with the international experiences and national context;
- to promote and support a different initiatives in developing and implementing projects on new pedagogical practices, development of mobile learning, OER, MOOC and other areas;
- to develop and implement education management information system, including university management information system based on the MUST experience of implementing a credit-based curriculum;
- to organize the conference once every two years in cooperation with other leading universities.