May 30 – June 3, 2011
The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) in close cooperation with the UNESCO Moscow Office and Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation organizes an International Conference of the UNESCO IITE and UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs “UNESCO Chairs Partnership on ICTs use in Education: Innovations and Best Practices”.
The Conference will welcome UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs, universities and other educational institutions from the European, Asia and Pacific, CIS and Baltic countries working in the sphere of ICT use in education and teaching.
The Conference will be held within the framework of the XII International Forum «Modern information society formation – problems, perspectives, innovation approaches» from 30 May to 3 June 2011 in Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
The main goal of the Conference is to create a Network of the UNESCO Chairs operating in the field of ICT in education.
Other objectives of the Conference are
- to build a dialogue forum on the innovation and higher education policy and reform;
- to assess and analyze current trends in the field as well as to identify good practices, successful innovative initiatives and projects contributing to developing and strengthening sustainable, inclusive and diversified systems and institutions for and with innovations;
- to motivate the UNESCO Chairs working in the field of ICTs, pedagogy and/or ICTs use in education to contribute more effectively to research, collection and dissemination of good practices.
The programme of the Conference includes
- a plenary session “UNESCO Chairs role in fostering ICTs use for developing effective education systems and furthering lifelong learning”
and two thematic sections:
- “ICTs and Quality of Education” and
- “ICTs in Education for Sustainable Development”.
Two round tables will be organized to prepare and sign the Memorandum of Understanding on establishing of a network of the UNESCO Chairs working in the field of ICTs in education and pedagogy, as well as to define mechanisms of interaction of this network with the UNESCO Associated schools and IT-partners.
Besides, the participants will discuss the project and the work plan for realization of the International Master Degree programme "ICTs and Teachers Professional Development”