Terms of Reference
UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) and the International Centre for Higher Education Innovation under the Auspices of UNESCO (UNESCO-ICHEI) jointly implement the project “Digital Transformation of Higher Education in Central Asia”. The project is aimed to contribute to the digital transformation of higher education in Central Asia and other Russian-speaking countries through the development of teacher capacities in using digital technologies. Within the project, two Russian-language online training courses for the faculty of universities were developed: 1) Learning Analytics: Main Tasks and Methods (8 hours); and 2) Media and Information Literacy for Higher Education (10 hours).
The Consultant shall contribute to analysing the competencies of higher education workforce developed within the trainings.
In particular, the Consultant shall carry out the following tasks:
- Develop and conduct a survey for the online training courses users based on the best practice in the field of the online learning evaluation frameworks and models targeted at adult learners and short-term online training. The survey should include two-stage interventions with online questionnaires and selection interviews conducted before the beginning of trainings and at the end. Number of faculty members surveyed: 200.
- Based on the survey, prepare an analytical report including a review of best practices in the field of the online learning evaluation frameworks and models, and summarising information on competencies of higher education workforce developed within the trainings (at least 30 pages; font size – 12; line space – 1.5).
- During the contract period, actively participate in the work discussions via online discussions and email exchanges with the project team and professionally reflect on constructive criticism and proposed changes to the materials developed in items 1-2 of the Contract.
The language of survey materials is Russian. The language of an analytical report is English. The questionnaires should be prepared in a tone that is reader-friendly for its intended audience.
The term of the work performance: August – November 2023.
Qualification requirements for the potential candidate
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in educational technology, teacher education, social sciences, or related field;
- Background in the designing assessment and evaluation in online education, in particular related to the short-term online learning of adults;
- Proven experience in developing analytical reports in the field of teacher trainings;
- Ability to communicate and work in English with strong management skills.
Submission of the application
Interested individuals are requested to submit their application in English to email@example.com no later than 24 July 2023. The application should contain:
- Candidate’s latest Curriculum Vitae;
- Narrative description of contemplated assignment-specific activities;
- Proposed budget (in USD).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.