IITE’s partner, the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), supports teachers and offers 50 scholarships for ISTE’s Online Teaching Academy, a fully virtual, self-paced professional development course that helps K-12 educators learn foundational principles for teaching online.
Thanks to funding from Zoom Cares, you have the opportunity to access this 15-hour program at no cost!
The Online Teaching Academy provides guidance on critical topics such as ensuring equity and inclusion, creating community, designing online instruction, and providing feedback and assessments in online learning environments. You can review the complete syllabus here for more information.
You can register for the academy starting on Feb 1, 2021 and is available for rolling registration through March 19, 2021. You will have 6 months from your registration date to complete the course and earn your certificate of completion, followed by another 6 months of view-only access to the content.
This is a first-come, first-serve opportunity! Please be sure to register as soon as possible, before March 19, 2021.
- Follow this link: https://my.iste.org/s/login/?startURL=%2Fs%2Fstore%23%2Fstore%2Fbrowse%2Fdetail%2Fa1w1U000002acTJQAY
- If you have an existing ISTE account, enter your username (email) and password to log in. Or create a new account by clicking “New to ISTE? Sign up now” in the top right of the sign in box
a. Follow the steps to complete your account creation.
3. Once you are logged in, select “Add to Order.”
4. Click the cart icon in the top right and then “Checkout.”
5. Enter the code [OTAZUNESCO] in the Discount Code box, then click “Apply.” The price will update to $0 (be sure you only have 1 item in your cart). If you see an error message, it may be because all the scholarship spots have been taken for your organization.
6. Click “Confirm Order”.
As you go through the course, be sure to share your thoughts with #LearningKeepsGoing and @unesco_iite and @ISTEConnects (Instagram & Facebook) and @ISTE (Twitter & LinkedIn)!
ISTE is a nonprofit organization that aims to help educators accelerate innovation in schools with the use of technology. ISTE inspires the creation of solutions and connections that improve opportunities for all learners by delivering: practical guidance, evidence-based professional learning, virtual networks, thought-provoking events and the ISTE Standards.