The 2021 International Forum on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Education is dedicated to deliberations on how AI governance and AI innovation networks can be enhanced to direct AI towards the common good for education and for humanity. The event will be held online on 7 and 8 December.
The event will provide a platform to discuss how AI governance and AI innovations can be aligned to direct AI towards the common good for education and humanity. The event will be structured around five sub-themes:
- global governance and national policies on AI in education
- ensuring AI as a common good for achieving SDG 4
- mining data to enhance education management and learning assessment
- directing AI innovations at inclusion, equity and gender equality in education
- promoting the use of AI in Africa: build the partnership
The 2021 International Forum will build on the ongoing initiatives while contributing to the UNESCO Strategy on Technological Innovation in Education, Recommendation on the Ethics of AI, and the release of the global report Reimagining Our Futures Together: a new social contract for education.