On 10-14 October 2022, GITEX GLOBAL 2022, the MEA region’s largest and most renowned ICT exhibition took place at the Dubai World Trade Centre (Dubai, UAE).
GITEX 2022 was dedicated to the theme “Unleash Digital”, and during the event, the following questions were explored: where industry digitalization is heading, what opportunities it brings, how digital technologies like cloud, AI and 5G can be practically applied in different industry scenarios to fully unleash their value.
Within GITEX Global 2022, in collaboration with the Arab ICT Organization (AICTO), Huawei organized MEA Innovation Day 2022 under the theme of “Collaboration to Unleash Innovation for Sustainable Digital Future” on 11 October, covering green ICT for sustainable future, and ICT talent ecosystem for the MEA region. The meeting gathered high-level representatives of MEA countries.
Two panel discussions organized within the event were focused on the following topics:
- Green ICT for sustainable future of sectors and industries in the MEA region:
- Open partnerships and collaborations for shared success in building the ICT Ecosystem in MEA
- Sustainable ICT to drive digital transformation towards building sustainable digital economy
- Digital Power role in telecom networks
- Green solutions in cloud and DC
- Green technologies for vertical sectors (O&G, Transport, Finance, Utilities)
- Sustainable ICT and Carbon neutrality
- Creating the digital future leaders & Empowering women in Tech in MEA region:
- Motivating woman in MEA to engage with ICT
- Public-private partnerships to nurture local female ICT talents and create ICT future leaders
- University curriculums and programs improvement in light of ICT accelerated innovations
- ICT talent role in driving digital transformation and achieving the national plans and visions
- Filling the gap in Cyber Security talents
Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials at UNESCO IITE, delivered a keynote speech at the panel session 2.