The 2012 World Open Educational Resources Congress was held on June 20-22, 2012 at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France. Organized in cooperation with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), the Congress aimed to influence educational policies worldwide and to encourage governments to support the development and use of open educational resources.
The Congress brought together ministers of Education or Human Resource Development and senior policy makers who agreed on a 2012 Paris OER Declaration calling on governments to support the development and use of OER and setting targets for a 2015 World Conference.
The Open Seminar and Exhibition provided a forum for expert practitioners, researchers and relevant stakeholders to share the world best practices in OER.
IITE delegation took part in the Congress and the Open Seminar and Exhibition.
IITE report “OER in non-English-speaking countries” was delivered on June 22 by the panel:
- Dendev Badarch, UNESCO Representative to the Russian Federation, Director of the UNESCO Moscow Office, Acting Director of the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE)
- Bernard Cornu, Cabinet Director, National Center for Distance Education (CNED), Poitiers, France
- Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Higher Education and Pedagogical Technologies Section, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE), Moscow, Russian Federation
- Alexei Sigalov, Informika, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
- Airina Volungeviciene, Vytautas Magnus University, LieDM Association
IITE publications on OER were displayed at the exhibition on June 20-22.
mms://stream.unesco.org/vod/OER_room_11_6_floor.wmv (IITE presentation)