The Series of Open Lectures “ICT in Education and Sustainable Development Goals: Innovation for Quality, Openness and Inclusion” was held at the State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAE)from 5th to 6th September 2016. The Series of Open Lectures organized by the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) in collaboration with the SUAE. The main objective of Open Lectures was to address current challenges in the use of ICT on the way towards equitable quality education and lifelong opportunities for all.
The audience of the lectures included academics, educators, education experts, students and graduates of universities of St. Petersburg and Moscow. Welcoming addresses were delivered by Dr Mansoor Al Awar, Chairman of IITE Governing Board (Mr. Gard Titlestad, member of the UNESCO IITE Governing Board read out a message from the Dr Mansoor Al Awar, Chairman of IITE Governing Board), Mr. Anatoliy Ovodenko, President, Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace, Ms. Yulia Antohina, Rector, Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace, Mr. Tigran Yepoyan, Officer-in-Charge of UNESCO IITE (Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Section Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials, read out a massage from the Mr. Tigran Yepoyan Officer-in-Charge of UNESCO IITE).
Leading international experts in the field of open learning and ICT in education made the following presentations:
- Dr. Dan Wagner, UNESCO Chair in Learning and Literacy; Director, International Literacy Institute; Professor of Education, University of Pennsylvania (USA)
Serious inclusion: The role of ICTs to reach the new SDGs
- Ms. Airina Volungeviciene, President of European Distance and eLearning Network; Head of Innovative Studies Institute and Associate Professor, Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania)
Opening up of organizations through ICT and different paths of technology integration into organization
- Mr. Tapio Varis, Professor Emeritus of Professional Education, UNESCO Chair in Global E-Learning, University of Tampere (Finland)
Challenges of electronic environments to learning and education
- Mr. Gard Titlestad, Secretary General, International Council for Open and Distance Education (Norway)
SDG: Ensuring access and enhancing the quality of education
- Mr. Vladimir Tikhomirov, President, International Consortium “Electronic University”; President, Eurasian Open Institute; Head, Expert Council for ICT applications in education under the Committee of Education, State Duma of the Russian Federation (Russia)
Strategic use of ICT in universities as a main tool for improving the access and quality of education
- Mr. Alexander Nikitin, Assistant Professor, Head of the Laboratory for Computer Graphics, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Department of Computer Networks and Systems of St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (Russia)
Innovative products as the engine of new educational programs for sustainable development
- Mr. Jian Zhong Cha, Professor, Beijing Jiaotong University; Chair Holder and Chairman of the Board of Directors, UNESCO Chair on Cooperation between Higher Engineering Education and Industries (China)
Supply-side structural reform for HR market and some roles of ICT in professional education
- Mr. Michael Meimaris, Director of the New Technologies Laboratory in Communication, Education and the Mass Media, the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies, University of Athens (Greece)
Open Education and Quality: The need for Changing Strategies and Learning Experiences.
- Mr. Christian M. Stracke, Associate Professor for Open Education and Innovation, the Welten Institute of the Open University of the Netherlands, the Netherlands
Innovative educational technologies, methodologies, practices and content (OER and MOOC)
- Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Section Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials of UNESCO IITE (Russia)
Open Educational Resources in English-speaking and the non-English speaking countries: challenges and opportunities for distribution and use
Video records of the Open Lectures will be available on UNESCO IITE website and YouTube channel.
Photo materials are available in Mediagallery