On December 9-10, 2013 within the “Teachers of the Arctic” project IITE arranged the training for winners of the competition "The best teacher on ICT application in teaching practice”, held in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) upon the IITE initiative and in partnership with the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) and the Republican teacher training institute, under the name of Donskoy-II. During two days of training the participants got acquainted with IITE activities and attended the lectures organized by the IITE staff members – Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Ms Natalia Tokareva and Mr Alexander Khoroshilov. The lectures covered the following topics:
– UNESCO policy in the field of education, implementation of the “Teachers of the Arctic” project, teachers’ professional development on the basis of ICT application;
– UNESCO goals, aims and priorities on ICT in education;
– Main activities of the UNESCO IITE, initiatives, projects, results;
– “Teachers of the Arctic” project
– Teachers’ professional development on the basis of ICT application;
– UNESCO ICT Competency framework for teachers;
– Development and application of electronic textbooks of a new generation;
– ICT for inclusive education
– ICT in primary education
– Media and information literacy of teachers
– Application of open educational resources in education
– Project on preservation of a cultural heritage of the Arctic.
Besides, the study visit in Moscow “i-school” (the center of distance learning of children with disabilities) was organized for participants.
On the end of the training the participants have got the certificates.