The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE) in partnership with Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI) and it’s UNESCO Chair “Distance Education in Engineering” will organize an International Conference “UNESCO Chairs Partnership on ICTs use in Education”. It takes place within the XIV International Forum «Modern information society formation – problems, perspectives, innovation approaches» to be held on 2 – 6 June, 2013 in St.-Petersburg, Russian Federation.
The main objectives of the conference are the following:
- to analyze the trends and issues of further networking as well as to identify the best practices, successful innovative initiatives and projects contributing to developing and strengthening sustainable, inclusive and diversified systems and institutions for and with the innovations in the field of integration of ICT and pedagogy;
- to exchange the best practices of adaptation and implementation of the IITE International Master Programme “ICTs in Teacher Professional Development” and its separate modules by the UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs, relevant institutions and networks;
- to develop and implement teacher training programmes based on UNESCO ICT-CFT, MOOCS and OER by the integration of UNESCO ICT-enhanced approaches into national/regional teacher training programmes;
- to initiate and support activities connected with the development of National/Regional standards for ICT competency for teachers based on UNESCO ICT-CFT;
- to improve an interaction between UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs working in the field of ICTs in education and innovative pedagogy, UNESCO ASPnet schools, UNESCO/UNEVOC Centers and their partners from state and private organizations taking into account the experience of implementation of the UNESCO IITE and ASPnet pilot project “Learning For the Future” (LFF).