The International Conference "Informatization of Education 2010", organized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education, Belarusian State University, Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank with financial support of UNESCO Moscow Office, was held in Minsk, Republic of Belarus, on 27-30 October, 2010.
232 participants from the Republic of Belarus, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Slovakia, Azerbaijan and Germany took part in the Conference.
The Conference was opened by the speeches delivered by Professor A.I. ZHUK, First Deputy Minister of Education of the Republic of Belarus, Dendev Badarch, Director a.i. of UNESCO Institute for Informational Technologies in Education, and S.V. Ablameiko, Rector of Belarusian State University, Academician of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
Dr. S. Knyazeva, IITE Knowledge Services Team Leader, delivered a report “Open Educational Resources in CIS” during the Plenary Session.
Thematic sessions of the Conference were focused on the discussion of topical questions related to the use of ICT in education:
- Strategy of setting up educational environment, integration of information and educational technologies;
- Advanced distance, mobile and Internet technologies in education, new generation of e-learning resources;
- Informatics and information technologies in higher educational establishments;
- Informatics and information technologies in secondary school;
- Training and retraining of teachers in informatization of educational process, the effectiveness of application of information technologies;
- Professional orientation of informatization.
On-line broadcasting of sessions was beamed to Russia and Kazakhstan.
An exhibition of educational initiatives of leading IT companies’ (CISCO, IBM, Microsoft, ORACLE, SAP, 1С) and programme solutions for the development of educational environment was held during the Conference.