Terms of Reference
The E-Library for Teachers platform, initiated by UNESCO IITE and NetDragon within the joint project “Teacher Capacity Building with AI and Digital Technologies: E-library for Teachers,” aims to serve as a hub of advanced open educational resources (OER), tools, and training and networking opportunities for teachers from around the globe. The platform provides resources on the innovative use of ICT in education and is available in different languages (English, Russian, Arabic, Chinese) to address a wider number of teachers. In this regard, UNESCO IITE is seeking an organization from Egypt to promote remote learning and online training programs in general, as well as the widespread usage of the E-Library for Teachers among educational institutions and teachers of Egypt.
The organization shall be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Prepare a cutting-edge survey on the ICT capacity of Egyptian teachers in terms of the use of e-learning tools and platforms and submit its draft version to UNESCO IITE by March 1, 2024. Make necessary changes if required and conduct the survey among at least 1000 teachers. Analyze the results of the survey and prepare a comprehensive feedback report (of at least 5 pages) highlighting the content of e-platforms, trainings, and teaching materials requested by teachers in the country. Submit the survey results with the analysis to UNESCO IITE by April 8, 2024.
- Organize at least 1 competition among educational entities in Egypt to present innovative self-paced training courses, teaching materials, best practices, and publications in Arabic language that increase teachers’ ICT competency and expand their knowledge of implementing advanced technologies in the classroom. Provide UNESCO IITE with a concept note for the competition, announcement, selection criteria, and other related documents no later than April 29, 2024. Conclude the competition and materials’ submissions by May 27, 2024.
- Based on the results of the survey from item 1, select at least 10 relevant online courses, no less than 5 teaching materials, and no less than 10 best practices in Arabic language for UNESCO IITE’s approval by June 17, 2024. Share the materials approved by UNESCO IITE in a compatible format with the E-Library and of high quality for uploading to the platform no later than July 1, 2024.
- Organize at least 10 online and 5 face-to-face workshops in Arabic language for a minimum of 500 school teachers from more than 50 different educational entities on the general use of e-learning platforms, presenting the desktop and mobile versions of the E-Library for teachers, platform’s courses, innovative technologies such as metaverse, and generative AI in education. Ensure that at least 2 online and 2 face-to-face workshops cater to the needs of teachers, as declared in the results of the survey from item 1. Provide UNESCO IITE with a plan, concept note, list of invited experts, and invited educational institutions for workshops by August 1, 2024. Make necessary changes following the feedback and submit the final version of the documents to UNESCO IITE no later than August 22, 2024.
- Conduct the aforementioned workshops and ensure the livestream and recording of both online and offline events to ensure wider reach and engagement. Submit to UNESCO IITE the list of participating educational entities with the focal point’s contact information, a brief report on the outcomes of the workshops (including the number of participants and their feedback), and video recordings of the events by September 2, 2024.
- Prepare a set of recommendations in the form of a strategic plan (of at least 5 pages) in English to ensure the platform’s widespread usage, reach, and sustainability in Egypt. Submit the strategic plan to UNESCO IITE by September 16, 2024.
- Prepare a final narrative report (2-3 pages) in English briefly summarizing all the conducted activities. Share it with UNESCO IITE, along with the date, signature of the responsible person, and stamp of the organization by September 23, 2024.
Submission requirements for deliverables
The resources and workshops from item 2, 3 and 5 should be presented in Arabic, the survey results with the analysis, set of recommendations, narrative report and other reporting documents sent to UNESCO IITE should be presented in English.
The format of images: JPEG, PNG, SVG. Image resolution should be not less than 4000×3000 pixels. The format of videos: MPEG-4/H.264. Video recording should be carried out with a maximum level of quality, in full HD 1080p (minimum) or UHD 4K (desired).
The content of OER and webinars, including outlines, video recordings, presentation slides, audio feedback, related resources, speaker notes, caption files, assessment materials, etc. shall be openly disseminated under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Submission of the proposals
Interested organizations are invited to submit their proposals in English to UNESCO IITE by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 9, 2024. The proposal should include:
- a letter of participation confirming the readiness to perform the required work within the specified time frame following the terms of reference;
- budget estimates in US dollars;
The letter of participation and budget estimates must be drawn up on the letterhead of the organization and certified by the signature of the authorized person and the seal of the organization.
- description of the contemplated activities for the implementation of the requested work;
- contact information, such as the contact person’s name, email address, and mobile phone number.
Please note that upon selection only successful candidates will be contacted.