The representative of UNESCO IITE has become a member of the Expert Council on Information Technologies in Education and Science under the Committee on Education and Science of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
The Expert Council is intended to support the development of regulatory frameworks for promoting information technologies in education, science and digital economy in view of the Executive Order on National Goals and Strategic Objectives of the Russian Federation until 2024.
The main tasks of the Council include:
- preparation of opinions on draft federal laws and other regulatory legal acts submitted to the Council;
- development of recommendations on legislative improvement in education and science and preparation of relevant legislative initiatives;
- substantive and legal evaluation of draft laws and/or legislative initiatives, other legal acts regulating legal relations in education and science, analytical materials, etc.;
- development and review of proposals for the preparation of draft federal laws and other regulatory legal acts in education and science;
- preparation of analytical, project and supporting materials.
The new Expert Council on Information Technologies in Education and Science consists of 35 members, including the representatives of government authorities, institutions of vocational and supplementary education, science institutions, business and non-profit organizations, etc. UNESCO IITE is represented in the Expert Council by Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials.