This privacy notice provides information regarding processing by UNESCO of personal data of individuals (“you”) who register for a UNESCO organized (or co-organized) event. For purposes of this privacy notice, “event” includes any conference, webinar, forum, seminar or workshop, whether taking place virtually or in-person.
- How will we use your data?
- Audio and Visual Recording; Live Streaming
- How do we store your data?
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
How will we use your data?
By registering for a specific event, you agree to UNESCO’s processing of the personal data you submit as part of registration for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you regarding the specific event for which you registered;
- for our internal reporting purposes;
- as reasonably necessary for the management and organization of the specific event for which you registered; and,
- for any other purpose to which you consent in connection with the specific event.
By registering for a specific event, you agree that UNESCO may disclose the personal data you submit as part of registration to:
- co-organizers of the event as reasonably necessary for the management and organization of the specific event for which you registered;
- third-party service providers assisting UNESCO with the specific event, subject to contractually agreed conditions of confidentiality and security; or
- other third-parties for which you consent to disclosure in connection with the specific event.
Audio and Visual Recording; Live Streaming
Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during (part of) a UNESCO event. Photos and videos can be published on UNESCO websites and social media pages as well as on the co-organizer’s online platforms. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including UNESCO publications, social networks and press, in connection with a specific event, or for further institutional purposes as well as for promotional activities of UNESCO. By attending a UNESCO organized (or co-organized) event, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above.
How do we store your data?
UNESCO securely stores your data at [enter the location and describe security precautions taken].
We keep personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice, in accordance with our applicable records retention and disposition schedules.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will revise or update this privacy notice if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. Please refer back to this page for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this privacy notice, we will post a new version on our website and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the privacy notice shall not apply retroactively.
How to contact us
You may request access to your personal data in order to verify its accuracy and may request correction. To do so in connection with your event registration Liste.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other questions regarding the processing of your personal data, contact email@example.com.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Updated: 24 March 2022