The European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN) invites everyone to join in the European Distance Learning Week (EDLW) 2019 to be held on November 11-15. During the event, experts and practitioners will discuss a variety of cutting edge topics in open and online learning.
Participants should register to get free access to online webinars and panel sessions focussed on different topics varying from innovations in design to open educational research. As a recognition of active participation and contribution, EDEN will issue digital open badges, which provide the opportunity to showcase skills and accomplishments online, particularly in social web communities.
The topics of EDLW 2019
- Why is digital learning relevant for curriculum transformation in HE?
- Distance Education: Challenges on the European and the Global Level.
- What future(s) for distance education universities? Towards an open network-based approach
- Future perspective in open routes: the quality and assessment dimension
- AI in Higher Education
- The journey to social justice and openness in online and distance learning (ODL)
All webinars will take place in EDEN’s Adobe Connect room.
This year EDEN will host the 4th EDLW in cooperation with the Open and Distance Learning Association of Australia and the United States Distance Learning Association. The USDLA’ National Distance Learning Week will be held on November 4-8.
The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education will contribute to the EDLW 2019.