According to the classification of IITE UNESCO Educational Programme the target audience includes:
- heads of pre- and in-service teacher training and vocational development institutions;
- trainers of trainers for ICTs in education;
- instructional guidance and support specialists;
- teachers, ICT school coordinators and other educational personnel.
The aims of the specialized training course ‘Multimedia in Education’ are that the target groups construct deep knowledge and high competencies regarding:
- Why, where and how multimedia can be used in school respectively educational settings;
- The pedagogical scenario model concerning the mainstream and future use of educational multimedia;
- Important learning and teaching aspects, in particular teachers’ roles, students’ learning strategies, social/collaborative learning, ICT literacy, metacognition, and motivation;
- Present educational goals and how educational multimedia can support these goals;
- Critical and reflective selection and use of educational multimedia according to mainstream scenarios for the use of multimedia in education;
- Evaluation methods related to the educational use of multimedia.