Post title: Programme Assistant – Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking (TPDN)
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 01 December 2022
Overview of the functions of the post
Purpose of the post
To contribute to UNESCO IITE Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking in daily operations.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
- Gather information and insights in adequate supply and pertinent formats for further use in specialized reports, correspondences, technical papers, project plans, programme maps, and general reference documents. Ensure due maintenance of the Unit’s files and records.
- Collect first-hand information from beneficiaries related to the implementation, advancement, and impact of the Unit’s activities on the ground.
- Support the preparation of consistent reports on the conducted activities, as well as maintaining collaborative communication and networking within the Unit’s programmes and initiatives.
- Prepare strategic annexes, information memoranda, outreach announcements and develop necessary analytical backgrounds/ rationale for the ongoing activities and contemplated endeavours.
- Draft press releases, news articles and similar information materials pertaining to the Unit’s practice and performance.
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of the work performed to the Chief of the Unit and Director of UNESCO IITE;
- Ensure the proofreading of reports and perform translation of documents (Russian – English and vice versa), whenever required.
- Provide overall assistance in the organization and implementation of the Unit’s programme activities and extra-budgetary projects.
- Undertake other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director of UNESCO IITE and/or the Chief of the Unit.
- Higher education in Education, Pedagogics, ICT in Education, Social Sciences, or related domains.
- 3 years of proven professional practice in Education, Pedagogics, ICT in Education, Social Sciences, or related domains preferably at the international level;
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
Sufficient competence for:
- teamwork in a multicultural environment;
- effective and persuasive communication, both oral and written;
- efficient interpersonal and organizational communication;
- managing priorities to meet tight deadlines;
- committed and competent functioning within an international organization; relevant background within an international NGO is considered an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian is required.
Conditions of employment
- Labour legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 55,500 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance after the probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
- Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail email@example.com in English:
- a full CV using the UNESCO form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc;
- a letter of motivation;
- a list of three references (name, title, organization, address, telephone, email)
- Kindly use as email subject header — “Programme Assistant — TPDN”.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
- A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.