Post title: Programme Assistant – Policy and Research on ICT in Education
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 21 November 2018
Purpose of post
The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education has special responsibilities in supporting global, regional and national initiatives in achievement of Education 2030 agenda. In particular, the focus includes research, policies and innovative practices that enhance application of ICT in education to achieve the SDG 4 targets. In this regard, the Unit of Policy and Research of UNESCO IITE is responsible for the articulation of programme activities in the following areas: policy development and advocacy; evidence-based research on ICT-enabled innovative pedagogy; coordination of programme planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting; clearing house and networking; and cooperation partnership and fundraising.
In this context, UNESCO IITE is recruiting a Programme Assistant who will undertake tasks and responsibilities as described below.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit of Policy and Research, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
- Assist with the tasks related to the production of research and policy documents on ICT in education aligned to the SDG 4;
- Prepare reports and materials for submission to Member States and partners;
- Prepare information memorandums, strategic documents, and develop the necessary analytical basis / rationale for the successful implementation of activities in the Unit;
- Organize, maintain articles, reports, and other information materials and update databases as well as extract data from external databases for the IITE journal and clearing house.
- Assist in organization and logistics on activities that involve technical meetings, seminars and conferences as and when necessary.
- Carry out a search and selection of experts in the areas of activity of the Unit; prepare contracts for services of individual experts and organizations for the conclusion in accordance with UNESCO’s regulations; monitor execution of contracts and timely submission of deliverables by the contractors, liaise with suppliers and take appropriate follow-up actions;
- Assistance with the Institute’s flow of documentation;
- Contribute to the coordinating and monitoring the research, analytical and information activities of the Unit;
- Assist in the organization and implementation of the Institute’s regular programmes and extra budgetary projects;
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of performed work to the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Chief of the Unit, and ensure the translation of the reports from Russian to English and vice versa if required;
- Undertake any other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Chief of the Unit.
- Higher education in social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related field;
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related area.
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations, analytical and proof-reading skills would be an asset;
- High level in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.);
- Proven competency to:
- Work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively, orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the functioning of international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Russian is required;
Conditions of employment
- Labor legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 55,500 RUB is subject to income tax. Additional bonus scheme is available based on performance.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail: email@example.com:
- a full CV, including three professional references, using the UNESCO CV Form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc
- a letter of motivation
All above documents must be submitted in English before closing date. Applications received after closing date will not be considered
Kindly use as email subject header – “Programme Assistant – PRICT”.
Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.