|Parent Sector:||Education Sector (ED)|
|Type of contract:||Non Staff|
|Duration of contract:||From 7 to 11 months|
|Recruitment open to:||Internal and external candidates|
|Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time):||15/02/2023|
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in the Russian Federation may apply to this position
Duration of contract: from 9 to 10 months with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance
Overview of the functions of the post
The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) was established as an integral part of UNESCO by the General Conference of UNESCO at its 29th session (November 1997). IITE is the only UNESCO Category 1 Institute that holds a global mandate for ICT in education.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of ICT in Health Education Unit (ICTHE), the incumbent shall serve as a Programme Assistant and perform the following tasks in close coordination with the ICTHE team:
- Provide extensive support towards realization and advancement of projects and activities, pertaining to the promotion of HIV prevention, health and well-being non-formal education and awareness raising and prevention of violence, bullying and cyberbullying with the use of digital media and ICT solutions.
- Assist with collection and analysis of information on topics and issues related to HIV, health and well-being non-formal education/awareness raising, violence and bullying prevention in digital space and with use of ICT-powered solutions for current and new projects, preparation of events and other programme purposes as requested.
- Assist with the development of project/activity concepts/frameworks, workplans, preparation of calls for proposals, terms of reference, contractual agreements, and other documents as required in accordance with the UNESCO Guidelines and Regulations.
- Assist with and coordinate the preparation and organization of different events (working meetings, webinars, conferences, other) in different modes (in person, online), participate and provide assistance during the events.
- Liaise with consultants, partners, and other relevant stakeholders, coordinate their work, draft official and informal letters to partners, follow on their feedback and requests upon the request of the Supervisor.
- Assist with the preparation of work-related travel for staff members and partners.
- Prepare announcements and news items about the Unit’s activities for UNESCO IITE website in Russian and English languages.
- Provide informal Russian-English and English-Russian translation of project documents, letters, and other as requested. Proofread documents and publications.
- Perform other work-related assignments deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor or the Director of UNESCO IITE.
Competencies (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in social science and humanities, other related fields such as media and communications, international development, other.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in providing technical and organizational support for project/programme management, including planning, design, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Strong skills in preparation of clear and concise workplans, terms of reference for contracts, reports, letters, other background documents for project and event planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in area of digital media, communication and awareness raising among young people.
- Familiarity with administrative procedures of large organizations, preferably international organizations.
- Ability to work with different partners (e.g. editors, content creators, designers, other), coordinate their work by providing room for innovation and adjustment to changing technologies, and needs of the target audiences, yet keeping them focused on the achievement of planned results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including proofreading skills and ability to provide good-quality non-formal translation from English into Russian and vice versa.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and strong understanding of social media functioning.
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines, and ability to multi-task, prioritize to adjust work schedules and deliver timely results.
- Enthusiasm and ability to encourage and maintain amicable working relations with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work as part of an international team in a multicultural environment.
- Strong respect for human diversity, understanding of gender, equity and social inclusion.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Russian.
- Experience of working in the field of youth media, online and/or ICT-powered health and well-being (healthy relationships) promotion among young people is desirable.
- Knowledge of the development and promotion of social media network communities, websites and applications, as well as media/information campaigns, that address issues of interest for young people, preferably related to young people health, relationships, safety, and other related topics.
- Understanding of audience segmentation and experience in using different tools and approaches for audience reach, engagement and effective awareness raising at different social media platforms popular among young people.
- Familiarity with the UNESCO priorities and work in area of HIV prevention, health and well-being education, and use of ICT in countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Benefits and entitlements
This is a full-time assignment under the UNESCO Service Contract modality which follow the official working hours of the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education in Moscow, Russian Federation. The initial assignment will be until 31 December 2023 with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds. Three months probation period will be applied to a selected candidate.
Estimated monthly salary for this position is approximately 134,000 RUB. In addition, UNESCO will make a pension contribution up to a maximum of 10% and medical insurance contribution up to a maximum of 5% of remuneration as its sole contribution upon proof of enrolment in a relevant pension and/or medical insurance schemes. Service Contract holders are also entitled to paid annual leave, sick leave and other benefits.
Selection and recruitment process
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.