Post title: Accounting Support Specialist
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 04 November 2023
Purpose of post
To provide support to the UNESCO IITE Administration in daily management of financial and budgetary operations.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of head of administration, the incumbent shall carry out the following tasks:
- Monitor allotments from the federal budget ensuring appropriate expenditures;
- Monitor budget implementation and expenditures and ensure that the later remain within the approved budget and comply with established regulations, rules, policies and procedures;
- Prepare, review and ensure timely submissions of budget proposals for federal funding and financial reports to relevant authorities, ensure compliance in format and content of proposals and reports, prepare relevant documentation with respect to submissions, liaise with the federal authorities on budget and finance matters;
- Act as a responsible manager and key resource person for all banking issues, including regular communication with banks, updating banking signatory lists, processing payments, etc.;
- Prepare reports on the status of allotments and expenditures on periodical and ad hoc basis and ensure its translation from Russian to English and vice versa if required;
- Support administration of the UNESCO IITE in procurement activities, including tendering, drafting agreements with suppliers, setting up payment schedules, monitoring execution of contracts and timely submission of deliverables by the contractors, liaise with suppliers and take appropriate follow-up actions;
- Coordinate HR related communication, budgeting and payments with HR services provider:
- Organize and maintain filing system on budget, finance and HR matters, inventory of assets;
- Undertake any other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director of the UNESCO IITE or immediate supervisor.
- Higher education in accounting, business administration, financial management or administration, economics or a related field;
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area. Experience with governmental institutions, local authorities or international organizations would be an asset;
- High level in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.), experience in handling web based management systems;
- Proven competency to:
- Work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively, orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the functioning of international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in Russian and good working knowledge of English is required;
Conditions of employment
- Labor legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 55,000 RUB is subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance after the probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- i) a full CV, including three professional references, using the UNESCO form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc
- ii) a letter of motivation
All above documents must be submitted in English before closing date. Applications received after closing date will not be considered
Kindly use as email subject header — “Accounting Support Specialist”.
Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.