Ministerial Forum “Global Dialogue on ICT and Education Innovation – Towards Sustainable Development Goal for Education (SDG 4)” will be organized by the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation at the Moscow International Education Fair on 18-19 April 2018, in Moscow, Russia.
The Sustainable Development Goal 4 aims to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all”. As stated in Education 2030 Agenda, to build a lifelong learning society the comprehensive renewal of the education sector is needed. Education 2030 and its associated Framework for Action recognizes the immense potential of ICT in attaining the lifelong learning goal for all. The Agenda emphasizes that ICT should “be harnessed to strengthen education systems, knowledge dissemination, information access, quality and effective learning, and more effective service provision”.
The Ministerial Forum aims to:
- Provide a platform to share policies and innovative experience;
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of ICT-enhanced quality education;
- Promote partnerships to develop and implement evidenced-based and results-oriented national education strategies to meet the challenges of Education 2030.
The following themes in ICT in education will be discussed within two panel sessions:
- ICT Potential for Future Teachers and Future Schools
- Digital Pedagogy and OER: Translating Commitments and Policies into Actions and Practices
The Ministerial Forum will also include three parallel workshops:
- Workshop “Teachers for Education 2030: ICT Potential for Transformation of the System”
- Workshop “Openness of Education for Quality, Equity and Inclusion”
- Partnership Roundtable “Collaboration between Public and Private Sectors”
The participants of the Forums are representatives of the Ministries of Education, heads of leading universities, practitioners from academic institutions and teacher training and teacher’s professional development centres, as well as experts, educators and innovators in the field of ICT in education, coordinators of UNESCO networks, representatives of NGOs, IGOs, and private IT companies.
Venue: Pavilion 75, VDNKh, 119 Mira avenue, Moscow, Russia