Post title: Programme Specialist – Teacher Professional Development and Networking (TPDN)
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 19 April 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Purpose of post
To contribute to the activities of the Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Head of the Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking (TPDN), the incumbent will contribute to the development, coordination and monitoring of research, analytical, information and training activities of the Unit in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education, including:
- Contribute to the development of UNESCO IITE training programs and educational materials on the use of ICT in education;
- Participate in planning and implementation of UNESCO IITE programmes, and extra-budgetary projects;
- Search and select individual experts and companies, providing services in the field of Unit’s activity, coordinate preparation, conclusion and implementation of service contracts in accordance with UNESCO Financial Regulations;
- Develop business contacts and ensure effective interaction with UNESCO IITE partner organizations in all areas of Unit’s activities; participate in joint activities with other UN agencies;
- Contribute to Unit’s publishing activities, preparation of press releases, news articles and other information materials, related to the Unit practices;
- Prepare and render progress reports to the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit and contribute to the preparation of other Unit’s documentation;
- Perform other relative tasks or assignments, as required by the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related field.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of social sciences, pedagogics, development of educational materials, including online courses, ICT, or a related area;
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations, analytical and proof-reading skills would be an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills with proven record of published research;
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail;
- Ability to establish effective working relations with colleagues in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain partnership relations with educational institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other relevant institutions;
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of Office software.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian is required. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Labour legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 70,000 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance after probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in English:
- a full CV using the UNESCO form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc;
- a letter of motivation;
- a list of three references (name, title, organization, address, telephone, email)
- Kindly use as email subject header – “Programme Specialist – TPDN”.
- Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
- A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.