Post title: Programme Specialist – Policy and Research in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 19 April 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education has special responsibilities in supporting global, regional and national initiatives in achievement of Education 2030 agenda. In particular, the focus includes research, policies and innovative practices that enhance application of ICT in education to achieve the SDG 4 targets. In this regard, the Unit of Policy and Research of UNESCO IITE is responsible for the articulation of programme activities in the following areas: policy development and advocacy; evidence-based research on ICT-enabled innovative pedagogy; Education Management Information System (EMIS); coordination of programme planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting; clearing house and networking; and cooperation partnership and fundraising.
In this context, UNESCO IITE is recruiting a Programme Specialist who will undertake tasks and responsibilities as described below.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit of Policy and Research, the incumbent will contribute to the development, coordination and monitoring of research, data management, analytical, information and training activities of the Unit in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education, including:
- Participation in the tasks related to the production of research and policy documents on ICT in education aligned to the SDG 4;
- Participation in preparation of reports and materials for submission to Member States and partners;
- Preparation of information memorandums, strategic documents, and development of the necessary analytical basis / rationale for the successful implementation of activities in the Unit;
- Preparation of monitoring tools for research and information activities of the Unit;
- Organization and maintaining news articles, journal publishing activities, and other information materials;
- Support design and management of databases including clearing house of the Unit activities;
- Organization and implementation of the Institute’s regular programme and extra budgetary projects;
- Organisation and logistics on activities that involve technical meetings, seminars and conferences as and when necessary;
- Develop business contacts and ensure effective interaction with UNESCO IITE partner organizations in all areas of Unit’s activities; participate in joint activities with other UN agencies;
- Carry out search and select individual experts and companies, providing services in the field of Unit’s activity and, preparation, conclusion and implementation of service contracts in accordance with UNESCO Financial Regulations;
- Monitor execution of contracts and timely submission of deliverables by the contractors, liaise with suppliers and take appropriate follow-up actions;
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of performed work to the Director of the UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit, and ensure the translation of the reports from Russian to English and vice versa if required;
- Undertake any other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Chief of the Unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related field.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related area;
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Analytical and proof-reading skills would be an asset;
- High level skills computers usage and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.);
- Knowledge and skills of programming languages (such as PHP, HTML, etc.) and data analysis tools (such as SPSS, STATA, etc.) would be an added asset;
- Work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively, orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian is required. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Labour legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 70,000 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance after probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in English:
- a full CV using the UNESCO form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc;
- a letter of motivation;
- a list of three references (name, title, organization, address, telephone, email)
- Kindly use as email subject header – “Programme Specialist – Policy and Research”.
- Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
- A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.