Post title: Programme Specialist – Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials (DPLM)
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 19 April 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Purpose of post
To contribute to the activities of the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education, in particular digital pedagogy.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Head of the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to the planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and projects implemented by the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials;
- Conduct research and analytical activities in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education and digital pedagogy;
- Collect, analyze and assess innovative approaches and the best international practices in the field of application of ICT in education in line with the area of activity of the Unit;
- Draft and finalize programme documents and reports;
- Draw up contractual agreements and terms of reference and liaise, at the request of the Supervisor, with contractors, partners and donors;
- Establish and promote collaborations with private sector partners for resource mobilization;
- Contribute to the arrangements for UNESCO IITE events and participation of UNESCO IITE in exhibitions and events;
- Provide support in preparation of UNESCO IITE publications;
- Perform ad hoc assignments and responsibilities as requested by the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Head of the Unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related field.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of social sciences, education, ICT or a related area, preferably at international level;
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills with proven record of published research;
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail;
- Ability to establish effective working relations with colleagues in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain partnership relations with educational institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other relevant institutions;
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of Office software.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian is required. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Labour legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 70,000 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance after probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in English:
- a full CV using the UNESCO form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc;
- a letter of motivation;
- a list of three references (name, title, organization, address, telephone, email)
- Kindly use as email subject header – “Programme Specialist – DPLM”.
- Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
- A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.