Post title: Programme Assistant – Teacher Professional Development and Networking
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 31 July 2018
Purpose of post
To contribute to the UNESCO IITE Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking in daily operation
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking, the incumbent shall perform the following tasks:
- Carry out collection, preliminary analysis and assessment of the best international practices in the field of application of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the area of pre-primary, primary, secondary, inclusive education and others activities of the Unit;
- Contribute to the coordinating and monitoring the research, analytical and information activities of the Unit, and assist in the organization and implementation of the Institute’s regular programmes and extrabudgetary projects;
- Prepare information memorandums, strategic documents, and develop the necessary analytical basis / rationale for the successful implementation of activities;
- Carry out a search and selection of experts in the areas of activity of the Unit; prepare contracts for services of individual experts and organizations for the conclusion in accordance with UNESCO’s regulations; monitor execution of contracts and timely submission of deliverables by the contractors, liaise with suppliers and take appropriate follow-up actions;
- Edit documentation, coordinate publishing activities of the Unit, and prepare press releases, news articles and other information materials in the field of the operation of the Unit;
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of performed work to the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Chief of the Unit, and ensure the translation of the reports from Russian to English and vice versa if required;
- Undertake any other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director of the UNESCO IITE or the Chief of the Unit.
- Higher education in social sciences, pedagogics, ICT, or a related field;
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the area of social sciences, pedagogics, ICT, or a related area.
- Experience with educational, federal governmental and international organizations, analytical and proof-reading skills would be an asset;
- High level in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.);
- Proven competency to:
- Work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively, orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the functioning of international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Russian is required;
Conditions of employment
- Labor legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 55,500 RUB is subject to income tax. Additional bonus scheme is available based on performance.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail: email@example.com:
- a full CV, including three professional references, using the UNESCO CV Form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc
- a letter of motivation
All above documents must be submitted in English before closing date. Applications received after closing date will not be considered
Kindly use as email subject header – “Programme Assistant – TPDN”.
Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.