Duty Station: Fuzhou, China; Beijing, China; working with UNESCO IITE in Moscow, Russia through online or field visit.
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 2 years
In recent years, Smart Education has attracted increasing attention around the world. Smart Education refers to an educational system with a high-quality learning experience, highly adaptable learning content, and high teaching efficiency delivered by schools, regions or countries. As a high-tech form of ICT in education, Smart Education is aimed at creating a smart learning environment, exploring new models of teaching and learning, and building a modern educational system. Supported by information technologies such as artificial intelligence, the futures of education will usher in a new chapter in the development of Smart Education.
The overall purpose of the joint UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) and Beijing Normal University (BNU) project “Rethinking and Redesigning National Smart Education Strategy” is to foster human and social development worldwide through rethinking and redesigning of national Smart Education strategies and elaborating of the most up-to-date and adequate policy agenda to expand access to quality education and relevant lifelong learning opportunities for all, which can be achieved through pursuing the project’s main concerns and primary objectives.
Under the agreement between the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Co-Dean of Smart Learning Institute in BNU, and within the International Joint Project of Rethinking and Redesigning National Smart Education Strategy, the incumbent will in particular:
- Assist in the administration, management and overall coordination of the project;
- Assist in managing and coordinating the cross-country activities;
- Assist in conducting research, collecting national cases, and drafting research reports, as deemed necessary by the project;
- Assist in the project monitoring and evaluation to ensure timely interim and final reporting;
- Assist in the coordination with the joint partners globally, in order to support the project implementation and expand its impact.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of Education, educational technology, social sciences or related fields.
- At least one year of relevant work experience in areas related to ICT in education, preferably at national and international level.
- Experience in planning, preparation, and organization of workshops and meetings under the framework of education-related projects.
- Advanced level of English level skills.
- Good writing skills and ability to draft clear, consistent and concise reports.
- Ability to conduct analytical studies and prepare presentations on project implementation.
- Ability to design instruments for monitoring and evaluating project activities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and staff at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT and confident user skills for social media and mobile applications.
The job stipulates coordination of the UNESCO IITE – BNU joint project. The work location will be in Beijing or Fuzhou, China, and collaborating with UNESCO IITE located in Moscow, Russia by means of online communication or onside working.
The annual salary is set in the amount of 400,000 – 500,000 RMB, to be ensured by BNU.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dr. TingWen Chang, Assistant to the Dean, Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University, and send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March, 2021.