Post title: Assistant to the Director
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Closing date: 30 September 2018
Purpose of post
To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Director of the UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE).
Under the direct authority and supervision of the Director of the UNESCO IITE, the incumbent shall carry out the following tasks:
- Prepare daily and long-term agenda and related follow-up, scheduling meetings and appointments;
- Maintain and regularly up-date lists of partners, including UNESCO National Commissions, governments partners, UN, donors and other key partners;
- Organize administrative and logistical aspects of IITE Governing Board meetings and other administrative meetings and participate as requested, take notes and dictation, prepare summaries and brief reports, and maintain strict control of confidential documents;
- Liaise with the relevant authorities, governmental and public organizations as well as UN organizations when requested;
- Monitor deadlines and ensure timely response to all deadlines of the Institute;
- Draft and translate correspondence and documents, including official correspondence, in Russian and/or English and maintain the correspondence files of the Institute. Provide general information on questions related to the activities of the Institute;
- Provide English to Russian and Russian to English translation during the meetings of the Director with governmental officials, partners, donors and other stakeholders;
- Implement secretarial and administrative support functions in line with UNESCO rules, regulations and standards, undertake responsibility for paper and electronic archiving, review regularly the state of the Institute’s archives and update them as required, classify and file reports, documents, letters, workplans, project reports, monitor and follow-up pending affairs;
- Support communication between the Director and staff and timely communication with UNESCO Headquarters on the follow-up of activities and relevant issues;
- Assist the Director in travel arrangements for the official missions and in the follow-up of mission related activities in co-ordination with the administrative services and programme staff;
- Undertake any other related tasks or assignments requested by the Director or another immediate Supervisor.
- Higher education in the field of education, social sciences, foreign languages, linguistics, communications, international relations, public management or other relevant field;
- At least two years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, management or programme experience at the national or international level. Experience with international organizations would be an asset;
- High level in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.), experience in handling web based management systems;
- Proven competency to:
- Work in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively, orally and in writing;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the functioning of international organizations and /or the UN system would be an asset.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Russian is required;
- Good working knowledge of French would be an asset.
Conditions of employment
- Labor legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this post. Monthly salary of 55,500 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on performance.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail: email@example.com:
- a full CV, including three professional references, using the UNESCO CV Form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc
- a letter of motivation
All above documents must be submitted in English before closing date. Applications received after closing date will not be considered
Kindly use as email subject header – “Assistant to the Director Application”.
Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.