UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) is looking for an individual short-term consultant to contribute to the extrabudgetary project “Promoting ICT Capacity Building and Open Education in the Era of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Technologies”. The overall objective of the project initiated by UNESCO IITE and Shanghai Open University (SOU) is to foster human and social development of Member States through the use of ICT-based innovative approaches with a particular focus on open education to expand access to lifelong learning opportunities and enhance the quality of learning.
In particular, the consultant shall contribute to the project’s Activity 1.1.2 “Conducting case studies of a set of selected open universities and developing the framework recommendations for better performance of open universities”. In line with the project objective, the consultant shall:
- Conduct desk research on selected open universities in at least 19 Member States based on the questionnaire provided by UNESCO IITE. Review the questionnaires completed by open universities.
- Draft the report based on the conducted desk research and review of the completed questionnaire. Upon request, revise and make changes in the prepared report following UNESCO IITE comments. The report shall be submitted to UNESCO IITE in English no later than 30 September 2021.
Due to the current sanitary situation, teleworking will be compulsory until further notice.
The potential candidate should meet the following qualification requirements:
- advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, social sciences, pedagogics, ICT, or a related field,
- proven experience in providing consulting services, drafting and editing (e.g. reports, articles, publications, speeches, briefings, etc.) in the field of ICT in education, and
- excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their application to email@example.com no later than 9 July 2021. The application should contain a cover letter accompanied by a full resume stating the details of qualifications, working experience, and a proposed budget (in USD).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.