UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) is looking for an individual short-term consultant to contribute to the extrabudgetary project “Promoting ICT in Higher Education in the Middle East”. The overall objective of the project initiated by UNESCO IITE in partnership with Huawei Technologies is to strengthen ICT-related skills in selected countries to enhance the quality of learning and expand access to relevant career opportunities in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. The project contributes to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 4 as applied to Higher Education/TVET and promotes the ICT talent ecosystem to provide youth and adults, both women and men, with ICT skills, including those related to 5G/AI/Cloud technologies, to ensure their employment in the digital world.
In particular, the consultant shall contribute to the final stage of the project – consolidation and finalization of the ICT in Higher Education Insight Report drafted on the basis of quantitative and qualitative information about higher education and technical and vocational education and training institutions, and consultations with the national experts. In line with the project objective, the consultant shall:
- Review ten case studies prepared by UNESCO IITE in consultations with the national experts from Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
- Draft the introductory and concluding part of the Report based on the review of the case studies, additional desk research, quantitative and qualitative data gathered from reliable sources and professional network.
- Consolidate and finalize the ICT in Higher Education Insight Report. Upon request, revise and make changes in the prepared Report according to UNESCO IITE comments. The Report shall be submitted to UNESCO IITE in English no later than 30 September 2021.
Due to the current sanitary situation, teleworking will be compulsory until further notice.
The potential candidate should meet the following qualification requirements:
- advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, social sciences, pedagogics, ICT, or a related field,
- proven experience in providing consulting services, drafting and editing (e.g. reports, articles, publications, speeches, briefings, etc.) in the field of ICT in education, and
- excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their application to email@example.com no later than 9 July 2021. The application should contain a cover letter accompanied by a full resume stating the details of qualifications, working experience, and a proposed budget (in USD).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.