Terms of Reference
The E-Library for Teachers platform, initiated by UNESCO IITE and NetDragon within the joint project “Teacher Capacity Building with AI and Digital Technologies: E-library for Teachers,” aims to serve as a hub of advanced open educational resources (OER), tools, and training and networking opportunities for teachers from around the globe. The platform provides resources on the innovative use of ICT in education and is available in different languages (English, Russian, Arabic, Chinese) to address a wider number of teachers. In this regard, UNESCO IITE seeks an organization from the Russian Federation to accumulate and select quality OER in the Russian language related to the platform’s purpose and promote the E-Library for Teachers for use by Russian educational institutions and teachers.
In this regard, the organization shall be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Organize at least one сompetition among educational entities and UNESCO Chairs of the Russian Federation to present innovative self-paced training courses, teaching materials, best practices, and publications in Russian that increase teachers’ ICT competency and expand their knowledge of implementing advanced technologies in the classroom. Organize an explanatory webinar for the competition participants. Provide UNESCO IITE with a concept note for the competition, announcement, selection criteria, video recording of the explanatory webinar, and other related documents no later than November 08, 2023.
- Conclude all the competition and materials’ submissions before November 27, 2023. Facilitate the selection process and engage a panel of experts to evaluate submissions.
- Present to UNESCO IITE descriptions or abstracts and justification for no less than 10 online courses, no less than 10 methodological materials, and no less than 10 best practices in Russian for consideration before December 4, 2023.
- Share the selected materials approved by UNESCO IITE in a compatible format with the platform and of high quality for uploading to the E-Library no later than January 31, 2024.
- Promote the E-Library at one online and one offline events, showcasing the features and benefits of the platform and presenting the newly collected materials. Ensure that at least 500 teachers from different educational organizations take part in these events. Arrange the livestream of both online and offline events to ensure wider reach and engagement. Submit to UNESCO IITE the agendas and concept notes of the events, the list of invited speakers, the list of participating educational entities with the focal point’s contact information, a brief report on the outcomes of the events (including the number of participants and their feedback), and high-quality photos and video recordings of the events before April 22, 2024.
- Invite at least 1000 teachers, methodologists, and education specialists to participate and ensure their registration on the Russian-language version of the platform before April 29, 2024.
- Prepare a set of recommendations in the form of a strategic plan (at least 5 pages) to ensure the platform’s widespread usage, reach and sustainability in the Russian Federation. Submit the strategic plan to UNESCO IITE before May 6, 2024.
- Prepare a final narrative report (2-3 pages) briefly summarizing all the conducted activities. Share it with UNESCO IITE, along with the date, signature of the responsible person, and stamp of the organization before May 13, 2024.
Submission requirements for deliverables
The format of images: JPEG, PNG, SVG. Image resolution should be not less than 4000×3000 pixels. The format of videos: MPEG-4/H.264. Video recording should be carried out with a maximum level of quality, in full HD 1080p (minimum) or UHD 4K (desired).
The content of OER and webinars, including outlines, video recordings, presentation slides, audio feedback, related resources, speaker notes, caption files, assessment materials, etc. shall be openly disseminated under the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Submission of the proposals
Interested organizations are invited to submit their proposals in English to UNESCO IITE by email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 27, 2023. The proposal should include:
- a letter of participation confirming the readiness to perform the required work within the specified time frame following the terms of reference;
- budget estimates in US dollars;
The letter of participation and budget estimates must be drawn up on the letterhead of the organization and certified by the signature of the authorized person and the seal of the organization.
- description of the contemplated activities for the implementation of the requested work;
- contact information, such as the contact person’s name, email address, and mobile phone number.
Please note that upon selection only successful candidates will be contacted.